Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Washington DC, Part 2


Here is part Two-finally done!


July 5th, we spent the day at Mount Vernon. AKA George Washington's Home...Land.

Just us with George.
In front of the Washington home. It was awesome. But come on, George only let Martha decorate one room in the whole house. He must have definitely been in touch with his feminine side. But what an awesome home!
The next day we headed off to Maryland to the DC Temple. GORGEOUS!!! This temple is huge and it is so cool inside. I definitely got lost a couple of times!

Then we went straight to Fort McHenry! Where the Star Bangle Banner was written.
Oh this is a little out of order. But this is a view from the back porch at Washington's home.
Lance says this was his favorite part of the trip!

Every week they have a "drum and bugle."
Lance loved the rifles! It was way cool
On the way home Brody slept both flights! He did so good that when we got home I bought him a little inflatable pool!

5 comments:

Kelsey Stenquist said...

Chels I love that you were in DC, you were right where Justin and I lived last summer! And isn't the DC Temple AmAzInG?? It looks like a castle from Narnia. I'm glad you guys had fun!

Natalie DeVore said...

Chelsea, you are so cute! You baby boy is darling! I cannot believe how time has just flown right by. Congrats on life! You look like you are just having a blast.

Jamielyn said...

What a fun trip! I loved going to DC 2 years ago. There is definitely a lot to see and a lot to learn! Glad you guys had a good time.

Spencer and Marlee said...

Looks like tons of fun!! I have fun talking to Eloise about your family trip at Girls Camp.

Kara said...

That really sounds like a cool trip! That's so fun that you got to see so many historical sites. It seems like it connects you to the stories better, right? I dunno, maybe I just need physical evidence to be convinced! haha :)

Family and Friends