Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Back from Vacation...

We're Back!
First off- Bad news
I left my camera at my parents house. I was so upset!
So I have a couple pictures before I get some from my sis-in-law.
Well, like I said on an earlier post. We had to change our flight, because of my grandpa Standage's funeral. It was a sad and hard one, but it was very good! I learned even more about my grandpa than I knew! I was able to lead the opening song...that was hard. I just looked at my Granny Nelson the whole time, she had a huge grin on her face, just for me! Well, the Sunday before we celebrated my dad's 50th and Brody's 1st birthday. What better way than having my dad's AMAZING smoked ribs! They are seriously divine. And of course his favorite German Chocolate Cake!
Here is Brod and cousin Tate devouring their ribs!

Then, Tuesday morning we went to Idaho to visit Lance's mission comp. and his family. They had twin boys back in February, and they were SO cute!

Here is Lance, with the big rainbow trout he caught when they went fishing in...I think the Snake River.
Then we headed down to Salt Lake for conference. That was probably one the most amazing experiences ever! We weren't super close, but just to be able to physically see the prophet and apostles was incredible! I loved it! And not to mention, we were upgraded to the the Grand American Hotel! Can you say luxury!
. On our drive home we stopped at cove fort...and we seriously got the best tour guide! He was awesome! And we grabbed some apples....nice and tart just the way I like them!
Doesn't Brody look SO comfy. He was so happy to be home. Even though he needed a nap right when we got home, he played with all of his toys for two hours straight!

1 comment:

Spencer and Marlee said...

Looks like a fun trip. Sorry to hear about your Grandpa. Aren't you so grateful for the church. We are glad your home. We missed you at Bunko!

Family and Friends