Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Sunday....Day of Rest?.....Or Not!

I'm such a "schedule" person and getting used to being so flexible has been pretty difficult. So of course "Saterday..." definitely "...was a special day." I tried my hardest to ready myself for our first Sunday back to church. One of my pet peeves is being late. Therefore, Lance's shirt was ironed, the diaper bag was stocked, and my alarm was set.
We started off the morning giving Brody a bath...I LOVE the smell of clean baby, it's my favorite! He hates baths, but who would like being undressed and cold. But afterward, I wrap him up, hold him, and he loves to just air out!

I fed him right before we left, because I'm the music director in Sacrament Meeting (go ahead...give it to me...it's an old lady calling...But I love it.) and I wouldn't be able to leave during Sacrament. But don't fret, we had a bottle just in case.
We took some quick pictures before....and then we were off...


Alright, it went pretty smooth. Just one poopy diaper that made him mad, between the sacrament and the first speaker. Perfect timing. And everyone loved him and just thought he was the cutest...which he is. And then Brody and I went home, and Lance went to Young Mens.
So I would say the day was successful!
...Mission Accomplished...(how am I going to do this every Suday...I'm gonna be a nut case!)

9 comments:

Kacey's View said...

You go girlfriend. Those pics are so cute. Who took them? I love love love the one of him with your green necklace! Hang in there.

Adele said...

You are going to learn to be very flexible. It sucks, but comes with the territory. Just try to remember everything doesn't have to be perfect! And you will do much better. I had weeks at church when I forgot a diaper or wipes. And of course thats when you have the biggest mess. One week when Allie was little, I forgot a change of cloths, and she had a major blow out, all over the Relief Socity floor. She spent the rest of church in a diaper. So just hang in there, and you will get used to the chaos, and it only gets crazier!! Trust me, going crazy!

The Bodily Family said...

This is Holly Bodily stalking you. I have to say you were the talk of church on Sunday. First, why is she up there directing music right after she had a baby? Second, why does she look so good right after she had a baby? Seriously Chelsea, you're making all of us look bad. Congratulations on your beautiful baby.

The Clawson's said...

Holly- Thank you so much! and I totally agree with the fact of, why was I doing the music? Just kidding. I didn't plan on leading, but the substitute looked really realived when she saw me walk in. haha.

Adele said...

chels,
you can eat chocolate when you are nursing, sometimes it can give them an upset stomach. So its better not to eat too much!

Jamielyn said...

chelsea you are so cute! I cant believe that you are soo skinny! i hope i am as lucky...but i highly doubt it! what a cute little family you have, your boy is so handsome!

Karen said...

Oh Chelsea he is so cute! I want to hold him!

Stu and Angie Milne said...

Chels!!! Oh my gosh! I haven't seen you in forever and here you are with a brand new baby boy! He is so precious!!! I'm so happy I happened across your blog-I've been thinking about you lately.. I need to get your address if you're going to be in Mesa either thanksgiving or christmastime. I'm getting married! and i want you to come! I miss you girl! Congratulations times a million on your happy life!

ang

Carly Jo Porter said...

Chelsea, you are adorable!!! Congrats on the beautiful baby, I am so happy for you

Family and Friends